Thursday, July 5, 2007

Monday nite

Dad and I rode from Catsburg, did the Gorman Church Rd. loop out to my "Rocky" hill. When I can get to the top of that one without bonking, I'll feel like I've accomplished something.

We took the curve wide, dad in front of me. Just as I was swinging out and picking up speed, two pickups came down the road towards us. I was scared as it was, didn't feel in control and was too far over to the left. One of the drivers yelled something, but it's probably best I couldn't understand him! I braked a bit and started up the hill, but didn't make it quite to the top. The legs were aching and I was huffing and puffing, so I just looped back and headed down the hill and up the next one.

Did the rest of the miles without incident. I feel like I'm improving every time. Although I wasn't as consistent tonite as on Sunday, it was much better to be back on my own bike.

Mileage - 13 miles. Avg. speed 12 mph.

No comments: