Wednesday, July 11, 2007

4th of July

Had a great ride with Dad! It was nice to have plenty of time and no particular destination. We started out about the usual time - 8 a.m. with a plan to go about 20-25 miles. Weather was gorgeous, a little breeze that didn't bother us until pretty far into the route. It became a nice tailwind after we turned around at Pope's store!


The worst part of this ride - I hit a squirrel! Dad and I were cruising along side-by-side at about 17-18 mph with that nice tail wind, when from the right comes a squirrel. He darts under dad's bike and makes it through fine. Then he gets to me and isn't so lucky - my front wheel hit him and I think the back one did too. I felt terrible, but I couldn't go back - what could I have done for him, assuming we were able to find him?
Ended up with about 23 miles and an average of 11.6. Not bad, but I'll get better!


No comments: